MCH Venues Basel & Zürich
The MCH Group offers state-of-the-art event infrastructures for exhibitions, congresses and events of all kinds in Basel and Zürich. Some 60 exhibitions – including the globally leading Art Basel – 30 congresses and more than 1000 other events are held there each year. Together, they attract more than 2 million visitors.
Messe Basel & Congress Center Basel
Basel is the biggest and most important exhibition location in Switzerland and one of the key locations in Europe. The exhibition and congress site comprises five exhibition halls, the Congress Center Basel and the Musical Theatre Basel. Messe Basel offers an overall exhibition area of 141,000 m2, 83,000 m2 of which suitable for multi-storey stands. The Congress Center Basel – Switzerland’s largest conference centre in terms of surface area – is located directly alongside Messe Basel. The rooms are comfortably appointed and equipped with the very latest technology. The halls of Messe Basel and the rooms of the Congress Center Basel can be combined permitting an exceptionally high level of flexibility.
- Total internal exhibition capacity of 141,000sqm
- 7,000sqm of total meeting room space across 25 rooms
- Basel is located in the triangle where Switzerland, France and Germany meet.
- From EuroAirport to the city centre it just takes 15 minutes by public transport. But Basel also offers excellent train connections to many important European metropolises.
Messe Zürich offers you a surface area of approximately 30,000 m2 in a compact exhibition building – divided over seven exhibition halls. Whether for a trade fair, an exhibition, a congress, a shareholders’ meeting or any other function, Messe Zürich has what it takes to organize your event. You can combine the individual halls in any way you choose.
- Total internal exhibition capacity of 30,000sqm
- Zurich is located in the center of Switzerland with a breathtaking mountain scenery
- As Zurich Airport has its own train station, you can transfer directly from the plane onto a train. The trip into the city center takes just 10 minutes.
Covid-19 Special Offer
To guarantee health and safety: an offer that allows you to meet your own quality requirements while observing the rules laid down by the Swiss government at the same time.
The Special Offer at no extra cost
- If the rooms booked cannot be used at their normal capacity on account of the Swiss government’s Covid-19 Ordinances or industry-specific protection concepts, the organiser will be offered appropriate alternatives at no extra cost*.
- If the reserved exhibition space is not large enough to comply with the regulations issued by the Federal Office of Public Health or the requirements of the industry in question, organisers will be allocated additional square metres at no extra cost*.
- If an event suffers a fall in visitor numbers due to the COVID-19 requirements, a discount will be granted that is calculated as follows: 10% fewer participants = 10% lower cost for room rental (maximum discount of 20%)**.
- Messe Basel, Messe Zürich and the Congress Center Basel will provide a Template of Precautionary Measures free of charge. This takes into account both the measures adopted by the Federal Council in conjunction with the corona pandemic and the recommendations contained in the industry papers drawn up by the ICCA, UFI, AIPC and the Expo Event association. In addition, a comprehensive range of standard services is offered in order to facilitate the holding of events in compliance with the applicable hygiene and conduct rules.
- Events for the year 2021 can be booked subject to Individual Contracts on request and can be rebooked or postponed with special conditions.
As part of Messe Basel, the Congress Center Basel has the advantage of having recourse to an additional 140,000 square metres of exhibition space. You thus benefit from straightforward and pragmatic solutions for the smooth staging of your events. You can obtain an impression of the exhibition halls here.
This offer is only valid for as long as the COVID-19 Ordinances adopted by the Confederation remain in force and/or for as long as a safety concept is specified or required by the organiser.
*following a check on the respective availabilities
**Events with 2,000 visitors/participants must be checked individually