The Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre (MCEC) has announced that it is now open again for business, under certain Covid-19 restrictions.
Events at MCEC are currently limited to 25% of the venue’s seating capacity, to a maximum of 250 people seated. There is a density limit of one person per four square metres in non-fixed seating areas.
Free standing events are currently not permitted, but event capacity will increase over time subject to public health advice.
MCEC also outlined the steps it has taken to make the venue safe from Covid. These include:
- VenueSafe advisors within the business, working alongside employees, customers and contractors to ensure that MCEC and government health measures are followed
- Being only open to events and delegates in attendance. It will not be possible to use MCEC as a public thoroughfare to the surrounding precinct
- Entry and exit points will be reduced to allow for health check stations at each point, including hand sanitising and temperature checks
- Frequency of routine cleaning has already increased across the venue
- Signage has been prominently displayed to indicate 1.5 metre physical distancing and hygiene practices
- All employees will receive training on Covid-19 safety and sanitisation protocols