With a new April deadline, the 2018 UFI Operations and Services Award rewards the best exhibition industry initiatives for the smart and innovative use of technology in order to improve the productivity of venues and events.
The initiatives may target any aspect of venue operations and services; however, they should have a direct impact on event productivity. This direct and measurable impact on productivity will be the main criterion for the Award competition.
The deadline for the UFI Operation and Services Award has been updated, applicants now have until 15 April 2018 to apply (email@example.com)
- To reward, the best exhibition industry initiatives connected to operations issues as they are related to the current competition theme.
- To give exhibition professionals the opportunity to exchange interesting and innovative ideas, concepts, techniques and knowledge to related operations issues.
- To honour those in the exhibition industry who have successfully implemented creative and results-oriented initiatives.
Information to be included in your entry
- Which technology do you use?
- Which aspects of services and/or operations are impacted?
- What is the measurable impact on event productivity?
- What are the design principles for the user/customer touch point with the technology?
- Explain the business case for the use of the technology, ie: cost vs. productivity increase
Your entry will be evaluated on the following items:
- Clear vision of the link between technology and productivity
- Innovative technological approaches
- Measurements/results achieved after implementation
- Usefulness for venue operations and services
Entries that mainly target aspects other than venue operations and services tasks (Marketing, HR, IT operations etc.) are not within the scope of this Award.
The finalists will have their entry promoted on www.ufi.org and they will gain significant press coverage in major international trade show publications, including UFI Info. In addition, the winner will receive a complimentary registration to join and present the winning concept at the UFI Global Congress 2018.
For more information, click here.